- Articles by Don Tillman - Some really nice synth articles and ideas.
- Audio Synthesis via Vacuum Tubes - Eric Barbour of Metasonix’s site on theory of vacuum tube synthesis.
- introspective.org - a 909 clone called the 9090.
- Ian Fritz - Interesting designs with articles and schematics.
- JÃ¼rgen Haible - One of the best DIY designers. great projects (PS-3200 clone). This is an excellent resource
- Mark Verbos - Buchla circuits and clones.
- MIDIbox - a massive midi controller project. also has a SID midi synth that I plan to build someday.
- Motohiko Takeda - A japanese synth diy site (some pages have english version), this site is deffinently worth checking!
- Jim Patchell - A great resource for synth circuits. He has PCBs of a few projects.
- Scott Bernardi - Some cool circuits for modular synths. especially the Obesifier Waveform Animator
- Roman Sowa - DIY modular, DIY digital synth, and midi controller/keyboard PCBs.
- Scott Juskiw - some great modular projects for an MOTM compadible system.
- Scott Stites Synth DIY - A great site to see and hear the progress of his synthesizer and I love the sound samples. Scott has many great projects going now.
- Synths’R'Us - RenÃ© Schmitz DIY site that contains many cool designs and a few clones of comercial circuits.
PCB and Kit Suppliers
- Blacet - Sells some interesting kits, several can be built for MOTM compatible systems
- Catgirl Synth - Some really cool and different modules sold as bare PCBs. schematics are free.
- Music From Outer Space - Many circuit for the usual modules. also a pre-patched mono synth called Sound Lab Mini-Synth
- Oakley Sound Systems - Sells PCBs for many high quality modules and a TB303 clone
- PAiA Electronics - Several kits suitable for absolute beginners. Modules and a standalone synth called the Fatman.
- Synthesis Technology - Home of the popular MOTM modular synth. Sold as kits or assembled modules
- Front Panel Express - High quality engraved aluminum front panels
- Nice-Racks - Hand made wood rack cabinets at reasonable prices
PCB Software and Services
- Kicad - A complete schematic capture and PCB layout package. It is open source
- Futurlec PCB Service - Cheap PCBs. Price is based on board size and options
- CustomPCB - Nice quality PCBs and a deccent price in quantities of 2
Component and Hardware Suppliers
- Allied Electronics - deccent prices on spectrol and bourns pots
- Digi-Key - Another store that has most needed parts that can’t be found at mouser
- Mouser - They have a good selection of components. I buy most parts from here
- Newark - more expensive than most places but has some parts you won’t find at the others
- Precision Resistor - Source for temperature compensating resistors (stocked and custom made). Look at the PT146.
- Small Bear - harder to find parts (BBDs, PT239x chips, companders)
- THAT Corporation - High quality audio ICs